Compiled by Briana Longo and Brittany Lercara
- On September 7, 2013, 2013 at approximately 12:18 a.m., a female student called Public Safety and stated she was very sick from being nauseous and dizzy. The student was taken to North Shore Glen Cove Hospital, the student later admitted she had been drinking alcohol.
- On the afternoon of September 14, 2013, a student informed her RA that her roommate had been vomiting and may be intoxicated. The student was transported to North Shore Glen Cove Hospital.
- At 11:59 p.m., on September 19, 2013, Public Safety was called to Queens Hall after a guard observed an intoxicated student. The student admitted to drinking alcohol and vomiting. She was taken to North Shore Glen Cove Hospital.
- On September 22, 2013, a 19-year-old LIU Post student was found roaming the halls of Riggs seeming impaired. The student could hardly stand, and complained of nausea. The girl told Public Safety officers she had been under the influence, and EMS was called and she was escorted off campus.
- On the night of September 14, 2013, an RA went into a student’s room based on the fact that she smelled marijuana. Upon entering the room, the RA found marijuana as well as assorted paraphernalia in plain sight. The room was occupied by the resident. The paraphernalia was confiscated, and the student was left with a warning.
- On September 12, 2013, at approximately 1:30 a.m., Public Safety received a call regarding an unknown white male, not identified as a student, trying to climb into Riggs Hall using a window. The male was wearing a white baseball hat with a white “Hurley” t-shirt and black basketball shorts. A resident stated he saw the male enter through his window, quickly state his name, and then leave through the window when the RA entered the room. Later, it was added to the crime report that the unidentified male was a boyfriend of a resident from Riggs Hall. He was arrested for criminal trespass after being found in the woods on campus.
- At 11:37 p.m., on September 16, 2013, a student stated that she lost her wallet. In one of her classes in the Theater and Film building, she left her bag with other students’ bags. After class, she went off campus and noticed her wallet was missing. She had cash as well as credit cards and personal property. The report states the case is now in the hands of the Old Brookville Police Department.
- On September 30, 2013, at 2:30 p.m., a Public Safety received a call about a broken window in Nassau Hall. After going through surveillance footage, it was not possible to see who broke the window. However, it was evident that the vandalism was intentional. At this time the case has been closed with no results.
- At approximately 2:15 a.m., on October 3, 2013, Public Safety discovered the chain link fence on the Green Lot had been damaged. It appears that a vehicle drove on the grass damaged about 40-60 feet of the fence. The person responsible for the damaged was discovered at approximately 2:45 a.m., that same day. The driver said he had drove into the fence on accident, and he had lost control of his car after hitting a curb. The driver has accepted responsibility and has agreed to pay for the damages.
Be First to Comment